CRESTRON DM Lite – HD Scaling Auto-Switcher & HDMI® over CATx Extender 400
Provides a simple and cost-effective high-definition AV presentation solution for classrooms and meeting spaces. It is composed of a DM Lite surface mount transmitter (HD-TX-301-C-E) and receiver (HD-RX-201-C-E), which connect together over a single CATx cable at up to 70 m. Provides auto-switching HDMI® and VGA inputs at the transmitter, and one additional HDMI input at the receiver. Built-in scaling ensures a reliable, high-quality video image. Fully-automatic operation and web browser setup eliminate the need for a control panel, control system, or programming.
Composed of a compact transmitter and receiver pair (models HD-TX-301-C-E and HD-RX-201-C-E respectively), the HD-MD-400-C-E installs in minutes and requires no special programming. The transmitter mounts beneath the table or inside the podium, while the receiver mounts behind the display or above the projector. The only connection required between the transmitter and receiver is a single CAT type twisted pair cable. A LAN port on the receiver allows for connection to an Ethernet network to enable easy setup and configuration via a web browser. Advanced functionality is enabled through integration with a Crestron control system.
Multimedia Computer/AV Auto-Switcher
The HD-MD-400-C-E handles high-definition video and computer sources with resolutions up to Full HD 1080p60, 1080i30, or WUXGA 1920x1200. Two HDMI inputs, one VGA input, and one analog audio input are provided on the transmitter to support the connection of computers, mobile devices, and other media sources. An additional HDMI input is provided on the receiver, which may be wired to an optional wall plate or used to connect a local source such as a mini PC or Crestron AirMedia® wireless presentation system.
The inputs on both components can be configured to switch automatically or be controlled through a Crestron control system. Auto-detection on each input enables plug-and-play simplicity, supporting HDMI, DVI, or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signals via any HDMI input, and VGA, RGB, or component video signals via the VGA input.[3,4] The analog audio input is switched in tandem with the VGA input. The auto-switching behavior can be configured using “priority routing” mode, allowing the installer to define which inputs take precedence over other inputs when connecting multiple sources.
A single HDMI output is provided on the receiver to feed the display device. This output can support either HDMI or DVI signal types. A stereo analog audio output is also included to feed an optional sound bar or amplifier.
HD Signal Extender
A single CAT type cable (sold separately) links the HD-MD-400-C-E transmitter and receiver together. This cable can be up to 230 feet (70 meters) in length, offering an ideal point-to-point signal extender solution for virtually any room with a single table or podium and one display device.
One might assume that any modern display device should support whatever sources you connect to it. In fact, many displays just can’t handle all the different formats and resolutions you’re likely to encounter day-to-day in a dynamic presentation environment. With its built-in professional scaler, the HD-MD-400-C-E enables support for a complete range of digital and analog signals, ensuring that every source displays reliably and beautifully. Automatic calibration is achieved using the display’s EDID — just connect the receiver to the display and it intelligently converts and enhances the signal for optimal appearance on the display screen.
EDID Format Management
To ensure that every source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format, the HD-MD-400-C-E provides comprehensive management of the EDID information that passes between the display, scaler, and source devices. Most applications require no changes to the default settings. For applications requiring custom configuration, the HD-MD-400-C-E allows for easy assessment of each device’s format and resolution capabilities, with the ability to configure signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
QuickSwitch HD™ Technology
Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorised copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts.”
Its analog audio output allows the HD-MD-400-C-E to extract the stereo audio signal from digital sources to feed a sound bar, amplified speakers, or a separate sound system.
Embedded Device Control
To deliver fully automatic operation of the complete system, the HD-MD-400-C-E can turn the display device on and off via its HDMI connection using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) commands, or via the built-in IR or RS-232 port. For advanced applications using a Crestron control system, all of the HDMI, IR, and RS-232 ports on the HD-MD-400-C-E can be utilised to attain fully-programmable control of the display, sources, and other devices in the room.
Control System Integration
Fully programmable functionality can be enabled through integration with a Crestron control system. Integration with a control system also enables centralised monitoring using the Crestron Fusion Enterprise Management Service (negating any need for the CEN-AVF-HUB).
The transmitter and receiver components (models HD-TX-301-C-E and HD-RX-201-C-E respectively) are each designed to be mounted to a flat surface or placed on a shelf. Each component is compact enough to fit discreetly inside a presentation lectern, beneath a table, on a wall behind a flat-panel display, or on the ceiling above a projector. They can even be attached to a single rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. Both components are powered together using a single wall mount power pack (included), which may be connected either at the receiver or at the transmitter location. Power is carried between the transmitter and receiver over the DM Lite link connection.
Simplified setup, configuration, and basic operation is provided through a web browser user interface. Essential controls and status indicators are also provided on each unit for easy testing and troubleshooting without a computer during installation.
- 3x1+1 high-definition digital AV switcher, scaler, and extender
- Fully-automatic operation — no control system, control panel, or programming required!
- Easy web browser setup
- Integrates with Crestron Fusion® via the CEN-AVF-HUB
- Supports integration with a Crestron® control system for fully programmable functionality
- Supports one Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddy
- Includes a compact, surface-mountable transmitter and receiver
- Transmitter includes two HDMI® inputs, one VGA input, and one analog audio input[3,4,5]
- Receiver includes one HDMI input, one HDMI output, and one analog audio output[3,6,7]
- A single CATx cable links the transmitter to the receiver
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 feet (70 meters) between the transmitter and receiver
- Automatically scales input signals to match the native resolution of the room display
- Supports a range of display resolutions up to Full HD 1080p and WUXGA
- Supports any input resolution up to Full HD 1080p and WUXGA
- Performs deinterlacing of NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources
- Handles Dolby Digital® 5.1, DTS® 5.1, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Supports stereo audio de-embedding via the analog audio output
- Provides up to 150 ms lip-sync delay at the analog output
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Includes comprehensive built-in EDID configuration tools
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, or RS-232
- Compact, low-profile surface mount design
- Universal 100-240V external power pack included
- For the DM Lite link cable between the TX and RX, use Crestron DM-CBL-8G DigitalMedia 8G™ cable or third-party CAT5e (or better). The maximum cable length is 230 ft (70 m). Shielded cable and connectors are required when bundling multiple cables in a wire run, and are recommended for all applications to safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise which may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p. All wire and cables are sold separately. DM Lite devices are not compatible with DigitalMedia 8G+® (DM 8G+®), HDBaseT®, PoE, PoDM, or any other CATx based interface or network.
- Crestron Connect It Cable Caddy (TT-100 series) sold separately. Refer to the TT-100 spec sheet for more information.
- Each HDMI input requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables are available separately.
- The VGA input can accept RGB and component video signals through an appropriate adapter (not included).
- The analog audio input is only active when the VGA input is selected. It can be used with an audio-only source with no video source connected. The analog audio input cannot be paired with an HDMI video input.
- The HDMI output requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI signal. CBL-HD-DVIinterface cables are available separately.
- The analog stereo audio output is only active when the input is receiving a 2-channel stereo signal via either the analog input or HDMI.
- EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) is data embedded in an HDMI, DVI, or VGA signal that enables the display device to tell the scaler what resolutions and formats it can support, allowing the scaler to configure itself automatically to feed an optimal output signal to the display.
- Item(s) sold separately.
- Supports any input resolution and scan rate that has a pixel clock of 165 MHz or lower.
- The transmitter and receiver are powered together by a single wall mount power pack (included), which may be connected to either the transmitter or receiver, not both.
- With or without reduced blanking.
- With reduced blanking only.